From Shampooing To Styling: A Few Helpful Tips
Kimak ’Oolal It’s Itxel, hair can be confusing at times, especially when you don’t fully understand how to take care of it properly.
Fear not! T’ZIKAL is here to help you with your beautiful curls.
Learn how to embrace your natural curls and start to love your hair for what it is: curly. In this blog, we will explore the different types of hair and help you style your hair in the way you love.
How to Know Your Curl Type
To give your curls the TLC they need, you first need to know what type of curly hair you have.
To help you out, we’ve categorized them into 4 categories:
- Type 1 (straight),
- Type 2 (wavy),
- Type 3 (curly),
- Type 4 (coily).
Let's delve further to find out what type of hair you have:
Type 1: Straight
- 1A: Hair is very straight and fine, with no hint of wave or curl.
- 1B: Hair is straight but has more volume than Type 1A.
- 1C: Hair is straight and is usually coarse and thick, which can result in frizzy hair depending on the environment or climate.
Type 2: Wavy Hair
- 2A: Loose waves with an "S" shape and are closer to straight hair.
- 2B: Waves that are more defined and have a slight bend.
- 2C: Waves that are thicker, more pronounced, and have a defined "S" or "C" shape.
Type 3: Curly Hair
- 3A: Loose, big, well-defined curls resembling large loops or spirals.
- 3B: Springy, tighter curls with a more spiral or ringlet-like pattern.
- 3C: Coiled curls that are densely packed and form tight corkscrew or spiral-shaped curls.
Type 4: Coily Hair
- 4A: S-shaped coils with a defined curl pattern, similar to a lowercase "s."
- 4B: Z-shaped coils with a more zigzag pattern and less defined curls.
- 4C: Tightly coiled hair that forms a "Z" or "S" pattern with minimal curl definition. It can shrink significantly in length when dry.
Hair Care Routine for Curly Hair
Thick, curly hair is more prone to breakage and dryness than other hair types. However, you can keep your curls healthy and looking good with the right routine and hair care products.
Here are 6 curly hair tips for you:
- Wash Your Hair Wisely. Rather than excessively washing your curly hair, find the sweet spot that maintains moisture and manageability. Excessive washing can strip away natural oils, leaving your hair dry and unruly.
- Keep Your Curls Moisturized. Curly hair tends to be drier than other hair types, requiring extra hydration and TLC. Make moisturizing a priority in your hair care routine.
- Care for Your Scalp. Don't neglect the foundation of your beautiful curls—the scalp. Prolonged periods between washes can lead to an overproduction of oil, potentially resulting in dandruff.
- Gentle Detangling for Your Curls. The intricate nature of curly hair makes it prone to tangling and knots. Show your curls some love by adopting gentle detangling practices.
- Protect Your Curls from the Sun. The sun's rays can be harsh on curly hair, robbing it of moisture and leaving it vulnerable to damage. Protect your precious curls from the sun's harmful ultraviolet rays.
- Care for Your Curls While You Rest. Don't let your curls suffer while you slumber. Opt for a loose ponytail on your head to prevent excessive friction and tangling while you sleep.
T’ZIKAL has a wide range of natural curl hair products specially formulated to keep your hair moisturized and ready to take on any day with beautiful curls.
What to Avoid with Your Curls
It is important to remember that curly hair is prone to dryness and breakage, so it is recommended that you avoid using sulfates.
Sulfates are surfactants, this means that they attract both oil and water. You can find sulfates in nearly every shampoo product. Sulfates create the lather in the shampoos and help remove dirt and oil from the hair.
Sulfates can strip the hair of natural oils and proteins, and the hair will be prone to break.
People with curly hair will want to avoid sulfates to prevent further drying.
Every curly hair type is different. Keep your hair moisturized with leave-in conditioners and ensure that your curls get the hair routine they deserve with the best products for curly hair.
Embrace your curls with the professional help of T’ZIKAL!